Thanks for considering metal building systems on your next project. Click below to see photographs of buildings that match your building requirement:
Building Officials Gain AdvantagesAs a Building Official, you will see many metal building systems approved and permitted for all types of end use applications. MBMA metal building system manufacturing firms are accredited under the International Accreditation Services Inspection Program for Manufacturers of Metal Building Systems. This is a comprehensive Accreditation program based on the requirements of Chapter 17 of the International Building Code® (IBC).
You will reap these benefits:
- By requiring IAS AC472 Accreditation, the building official can easily confirm the manufacturer is in compliance with the requirements in Chapter 17 of the International Building Code®.
- The building official can be assured that suppliers have passed the stringent audit requirements of the IAS AC472 Accreditation Program.
- Allowing only accredited suppliers helps protect the building official’s goal of guaranteeing that a committed, audited supplier is on the project.
- Since the building supplier is doing the structural design, Accreditation assures that the product is being designed by professional engineers who have demonstrated knowledge of building systems and applicable codes.
- Accreditation requires that the manufacturer only use raw materials meeting applicable ASTM specifications.
- Accreditation requires that all Letters of Certification, design calculations and drawings be clearly communicated and stamped by a fully qualified design professional.