Criteria for Accreditation of Metal Building Manufacturers
Seven of the most critical criteria for achieving AC472 accreditation include:
- The management team must fully communicate its commitment to achieving ongoing quality certification in accordance with all program requirements.
- All submittal documentation must be in place including job descriptions, policies and procedures.
- Finished products in the plant must conform to design and quality parameters.
- All engineering procedures and practices must demonstrate compliance with the International Building Code and meet the requirements of Chapter 17.
- Raw materials in the plant must match engineering specifications.
- Welding personnel and procedures must be properly documented, qualified and/or certified, and plant welding practices must conform to American Welding Society (AWS) procedures and workmanship requirements.
- A quality control/quality assurance procedure must be articulated and practiced.